The MCPE: Mech mod adds a number of large attack vehicles to Minecraft Pocket Edition. The list of mechs includes nine different vehicles right now and more new vehicles are being added to the mod by the author at a decent pace. There are helicopters for flying as well as a wooden plane reminiscent of the one the Wright brothers built, so taking to the sky is easy enough. Ground vehicles include a tank, a tractor and a basic car which isn’t really for attacking as much as it is for traveling at greater speeds. You could always run somebody over with it though.
Honestly, almost all of the added vehicles in the MCPE: Mech mod help you to travel faster than you normally could by running. Only the tank moves slower, and that’s actually a little weird since modern tanks can easily reach speeds in excess of 30 miles per hour. If you’re just looking for ways to travel faster, this mod will still cover you well. The different modes of air transport will help you to fly over mountains, oceans and other barriers, getting you where you want to go and fast. But if you just wanted a plane or something, there are tons of appropriate mods.
No, the real point of the MCPE: Mech mod is getting into some wicked fights with other players and using the added vehicles to try and kill each other. Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Minecraft got a World of Tanks mod? There is just the one tank and it’s kind of simple, but players who love tank fighting games will find a lot to enjoy in that single, simple military vehicle. There are fighting planes as well, so if you’d rather try to shoot your friends down while flying, that’s an option.
How to install MCPE Mech Mod?
- Click the wrench icon and then click “Launcher Options”
- Click the “Texture Pack” option.
- Click the “Select” button and locate where you downloaded the texture pack(usually in the downloads folder).
- Now you have the texture pack installed! Next we need to install the mod itself.
- Click the wrench icon and, this time, click the “Manage ModPE Scripts” button.
- Click the “Import” button and then choose the “Local storage” option.
- Find where the mods you downloaded went (usually under downloads) and click on the latest mod version to import it.
- Great now you have the mod installed now let’s install the sounds.
- With you, favorite file explorer app copies the MCPE_MECH_SOUNDS.zip file and paste it into this directory “games/com.mojang/MCPE_MECH/.”
- Unzip MCPE_MECH_SOUNDS.zip and make sure your unzipping it into “games/com.mojang/MCPE_MECH/” or it won’t work.